January 24, 2013

Jim Rogers : I have my money invested mainly in natural resources and currencies

Jim Rogers : Times have always been uncertain except when people look back, so these times are no different in that regard. First, everyone should invest only in things which he understands himself. Do not look for hot tips.

I have my money invested mainly in natural resources and currencies. I do own a few shares around the world which I have owned for years. I also have Japanese shares I bought mainly during the tsunami and in the fall of 2012 when it became clear they were going to drive down the yen. I am also short long-term government bonds in the US as well as a few stocks.

2008-2009 was the sub-prime crisis, it was followed by the sovereign debt crisis, followed by the Euro zone crisis. What is to follow or are we seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?

I am of the view that things may get worse probably by the end of 2013 and 2014, especially more turmoil in the currency markets as well as more financial difficulties in the sovereign markets.

- From cpi financial

Jim Rogers is an great investor, author and respected financial commentator. He is a regular guest on different TV programs like these of Barron's, FT, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fortune and CNBC. Rogers is the president of Rogers Holdings and Beeland Interests.