January 29, 2014

Bullish On Airlines Worldwide

Whenever I find a disaster with change coming, I try to invest because possibly you will make a great deal of money. Now, we can look at things locally and it’s not because I happen to be in Scandinavia. This is SAS, which is an airline you all know and hate, I am sure. SAS has been a huge disaster over the past several years. I own shares in many airlines but recently I have been buying shares of SAS. I told somebody at Skagen this a couple of days ago and he said, "God, you are crazy! That is a horrible company." I said, I know, it’s horrible, I know it has been mismanaged, that is why the stock has collapsed, that is why the company almost went bankrupt last year. So, I am bullish on Airlines worldwide for many reasons but this is to give you an idea of a local boy or girl that I hope it will make good going forward.

According to several interviews, Jim Rogers holds investments in a few airlines:

1. Aeroflot – Russia, as Jim Rogers is bullish on Russia and the Russian stock market. Russian tourist market is one of the fastest growing as well as the airline sector which posted great growth results in the last few years. We also have Sochi games coming.

2. Nok Airlines – Thailand, it might be due to the huge increase of Chinese tourists in Thailand, plus the possible visa exemption expected in 2014 or 2015. Another reason could be because Nok Airlines started flights to Myanmar, which Jim Rogers is bullish on. Full planes of people will be the normal to and from Myanmar.

3. SAS – Scandianvia – could be because it was near bankruptcy and now changes are coming and happening.

Jim Rogers is an great investor, author and respected financial commentator. He is a regular guest on different TV programs like these of Barron's, FT, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fortune and CNBC. Rogers is the president of Rogers Holdings and Beeland Interests.